Climate Change Adaptation Resource Mobilisation Specialist
Humana People to People is a network of national not-for-profit organisations.
The Partnership Department is looking for a Grants Negotiator to be part of their young and multi-cultural team. Previous experience in technical or donor agencies is an absolute requirement. The position requires very occasional travel but it is primarily based in the Madrid office.
General description of the role
The Climate Change Adaptation Resource Mobilisation Specialist shall help local Humana member organisations to identify funding opportunities, leading and coordinating the design process and providing support to local member organisations.
- Resource mobilisation: Identify and qualify agricultural development, climate change adaptation/mitigation and food & nutrition security funding opportunities from European and Multilateral donors. Driving the design of projects, identification of potential technical partners and developing high quality proposals in cooperation with local partners and other team members.
- Technical support to local member organisations: Provide expert knowledge and technical support for the development of agricultural development and climate change projects, in line with local members’ approaches and strategies. Support their engagement with in-country multilateral aid agencies and focal points.
- Institutional representation: Participate in international networks on agriculture development and climate change according to the interests of the HPP network. Humana People to People is a member of the GEF-CSO network. It is an observer to the Green Climate Fund and to the UNFCCC.
Qualifications and experience:
- Graduate university education in environmental sciences, agricultural engineering, development, political science or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge in agriculture and climate change
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience in development projects/programs, with direct relationship with European or multilateral donors.
- Demonstrated leadership in coordination of proposals and projects.
- Demonstrated experience in project management cycle, including proposal development and project management, development of budgets and reports.
- Proficient writing and editing skills in English. Other languages such as Spanish, French, German and Portuguese considered a plus.
- Proven knowledge of multilateral and international partners and agencies (GEF, GCF, AF, EU) will be an asset
- Experience in working in a dynamic and multi-cultural organization.
- Excellent communication, networking, and interpersonal skills.
- Managing internal and external relationships constructively, diplomatically and with discretion.
- Adaptability and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude to development and to Humana’s work
Si quieres recibir nuestro boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo inscríbete aquí